- Our computer understands only a digital language ie. 0 or 1.
- The CPU (Central Processing Unit) understands a language of electrical phenomena.
- When we say electrical phenomena, it means, it is a state when electric current passes and a state when no current passes.
- A state when an electric current passes is called as 1 and a state when no current passes are called as state 0.
- This electrical signal language of 0’s and 1’s is called the digital language.
- A multimedia computer system integrates two or more types of media such as text, graphic images, sound and video. It can create, import, store, retrieve, edit and delete any of these types of media materials.
- With the integration of sound and picture, a computer has become an audio-visual tool that is very useful for entertainment, teaching, editing and messaging.
With respect to class 5 Multimedia, advantages of Multimedia
With a multimedia computer system you can:
With respect to class 5 computer lessons, a multimedia computer system needs several supportive hardware and software products in your computer.
Multimedia hardware includes the following:
With respect to class 5 computer lessons, the multimedia software includes the following:
- For recording sound on a computer, you need a microphone as an input device.
- The microphone should be connected to the sound card’s Mic In or Line in connector at the back panel of the system unit.
- Whenever you record a song or any other sound, a highly irregular wavy line appears in the box.
- When you see the wavy line, you know that the recorder is doing its job.
With respect to class 5 Multimedia, the definition of Windows Media Player:
- Windows media player is an accessory which allows you to watch movies or listen to music on your computer.
- With respect to class 5 computer lessons, it can be used as an audio or video CD player on your computer.
- Also, it can be used as a medium to copy and play audio tracks from the internet or any other medium.
- When you insert music or video CD or a DVD into the CD drive, windows media player automatically loads the contents of the CD and starts playing.
With respect to class 5 computer lessons, five multimedia elements are text, image, audio, video and animation.
- Text – It is the most basic element of multimedia.
- Image/Graphic- It is a two-dimensional figure or illustration. An image can be produced manually either by drawing, painting, and carving or by using computer graphics technology.
- Audio – In multimedia, audio comes in the form of speech, sound effects and even music.
- Video – it is a technology for capturing, recording, processing, transmitting and reconstructing moving pictures. It is a live recording as compared to animation.
- Animation – It is an illusion of motion created by the consecutive display of images of static elements. An animation is used to enrich the experience of the user to understand the information conveyed to them.
Questions with respect to class 5 Multimedia are -
Name the following:
- The language which the computer understands.
Ans: Digital Language.
- The input device to record your voice.
Ans: Sound Recorder
Recap with respect to class 5 Multimedia are -
- A computer understands only the digital language.
- The electrical signal language of 0’s and 1’s is called the digital language.
- A multimedia computer system can create, import, store, retrieve and delete any types of media materials.
- A computer is an audio-visual tool that is used for entertainment, teaching, editing and messaging.
- With a multimedia computer system you can:
- Effectively present any topic of a subject.
- Make both teachings and learning a fun
- See a cinema on your computer.
- Record music and speech and listen to them any time.
- Sound recorder and windows media player are multimedia software
- Sound card, microphone, loudspeakers are multimedia hardware devices.
- Five multimedia elements are text, graphics, audio, video and animation.